Monday, January 25, 2010

Hair Trial Woes.

I had my hair trial yesterday with a lady that I found on the internets. Through e-mail communication this lady seemed really nice and a dream since she would be willing to travel to where we are getting ready. I know this seems like she wasn't nice, but that's not what I mean, she was very nice. However, during the trial we were discussing time frames and how long it would take for her to do all the girls hair and to complete 5 updos and 2 styles she would need to start by 9 in the morning and go for 6 hours. I was okay with this at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought that I really didn't want to have all of us sitting around for 6 hours. Also, my hair, as lovely as it was, didn't work with my dress. It looked nice after the trial was over and all through the rest of the day but once I got home and put my dress on, it was all wrong. Like so wrong that I decided to go for another trial with a salon in town this week. Take a look at my pictures:


See what I mean? Very pretty and exactly what I asked her to do. However, with my dress on it DOES. NOT. WORK. It's a bit too prom-ish. Sad panda. I think I need to do something simpler, more elegant. I would share my dress pictures but as I stated in the past Mr. Tal frequents my blog and I would have to hurt him if he saw my dress. I have been digging through bridal magazines, theknot.com and brides.com looking for something else. I have come up some new words to discribe what I am going for: old hollywood glam, grace kelly, timeless, elegant. I think that will work much better than the look I was going for before which was casual, laid back, messy and a bit complex. The salon where I want to go isn't open today so I will have to wait until tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment this week. I am aiming for Wednesday so I can have my mom come with me. I am really hoping that this works out. If I really like the work the lady at the salon does and they can fit the bridal party in on the 16th then we will probably end up going with them simply because they can do all of our hair at once or at least fairly close together so maybe it will only take a couple of hours versus six.

Anyone else have a hair trial that didn't work out like they envisioned with their dress?

Tune in next time for more tales from a DIY bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment