Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's Official!

An appology is due for my lack of blogging, I've been under some stress lately, mostly dealing with some personal health issues, moving and finally this vacation, which was needed badly. Still I should blog more, it's my goal during the next few weeks, I think it'll happen. the story below has really made me feel the gravity of my engagement.

As you may or may not know, due to certain circumstances and a tight time frame surrounding our wedding Mr.Tal and I have been planning without an official proposal. He wanted to do his own thing and have an official proposal but he did want imput on my ring and what I wanted
Well, this past week we had a vacation to Gettysburg and Hershey, PA. Mr. Tal and I are both HUGE history nerds so this was quite an exciting trip for us. We arrived on Tuesday in the late afternoon and met up with my family (this was a family planned vacation). Wednesday was our first full day there and the day began early with a Segway Tour of the battlefield. Not only was this a fun activity but it was a great way to get introduced to the battlefield and get your bearings. Well that was a family activity with my parents and two younger sisters, lots of fun and a great morning.

Unfortunately the day before our bearing went out in the car and we had to take a break from vacation activities to get the car fixed on Wednesday afternoon. We relaxed for a bit while it was getting fixed, then headed back into town, fixed bearing and all. We walked around the National Cemetary and the shops downtown for a bit (all while I noticed Mr. Tal getting a bit antsy, but he's like that much of the time anyhow...). We met up with my family and went to an awesome Irish pub for dinner. After dinner around 8:30 my sisters, Mr. Tal, and I wanted to see a little more of the battlefield before it got too dark. We chose to go back up a hill called Little Round Top, mostly because we saw the sunset approaching and thought it would be awesome for some pictures.

Up at the top we took a couple pictures and climbed out on some big boulders that dotted the hill. In one particular spot, there was a little crevice between two huge boulders that I climbed down into to watch the sunset for a while. Mr. Tal snuck up behind me and had my sisters take some pictures of us (see the first picture below!). I turned to watch the sunset a little more and unbeknownst to me Mr. Tal waved my sisters away so he could have some privacy.
He pulled me in a little closer, kissed a couple times, then started to say how he was sorry that our engagement wasn't exactly unfolding as we had thought. He then said "I was really waiting for the perfect day and place to ask you, but really every day with you is a perfect day. So, be that as it may I have something to ask you...". He then dropped to one knee on the boulder, fished into his pocket (where he had been keeping the ring ALL day), and pulled out the box. Apparently I started giggling and hyperventilating while this was going on but it's a bit hazy. He looked up into my eyes and asked me to marry him. It was perfect.



1 comment: