Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The SalTal Wedding: 10 to 7 days before

When I left off yesterday I was telling you about the Monday from H-E-double hockey sticks. That Monday set the tone for the rest of week.

Tuesday, Mr. Tal and I were in full DIY mode but things weren't turning out as planned, our ceremony decor needed a complete overhaul, we still didn't have everything we needed, and the stress was causing a lot of pointless bickering between us. At the time I was furious with Mr. Tal for waiting until the last minute to do the projects he was in charge of and he was furious with me for being a stressed out nut case (So sorry sweetie, I'm better now). There was a lot of stress and tension in our household that week.

Tuesday wasn't really that bad but bickering, as I'm sure many of you can attest, can nearly break already frayed nerves. Then came Wednesday, oh Wednesday, you were the mother of all bad days. Wednesday day wasn't too bad, but it was Wednesday night that was the end all and be all of our week. See Tuesday night Mr. Tal had brought home a roast chicken from the store for dinner since we needed to eat quickly. I threw that in the trash Wednesday morning while cleaning. This is important, I left the trash in the house thinking Mr. Tal would take it out when he got home. Well he had decided that we should meet after work to sign up for a few tanning sessions. I waited in the parking lot at the tanning place, I called him to let him know that traffic was being re-routed only to find out that Mr. Tal had gotten rear-ended...yeah totally not cool. Mr. Tal, the truck and the other people were fine, but it still stopped my heart for a minute.

After we tanned, we decided to run to the store quick and then went home. When walking in, I noticed that Pepper was doing the I-did-something-bad butt wag. I went around the corner and saw that the trash was dumped over, I picked it up and noticed there was no chicken. Do you see where this is going? Mr. Tal and I searched the entire apartment, there was no chicken anywhere. This was an entire roast chicken with just a few pieces cut off. We called the vet and ran in as quickly as possible, an x-ray confirmed that Pepper had indeed eaten an entire roast chicken. The doctor suggested we go home and feed her mashed potatos every few hours to help the bones pass. So Mr. Tal and I alternated getting up every few hours to feed the dog and make sure she wasn't in any pain. We returned to the vet over the course of the next two days to ensure all of the bones had passed and we were out of crisis mode. Although I would never want to repeat that event, I can look back and find it funny that our dog ate an entire roast chicken, bones and all.

That crisis was good for both of us because it ended the bickering and reminded us what is really important, don't sweat the small stuff and all that jazz. We remembered that at the end of the following week the only thing that would matter is that we would be married. Although that week was horrible and it stressed both of us out I wouldn't trade it because we remembered how well we work together through the bad times. Plus I do believe that all of our bad luck really allowed for us to have a wonderful week of the wedding.

Next up: The SalTal Wedding Week

Tune in next time for more tales from a DIY bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment