Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bah. Humbug.

This week has been one of those weeks where I am just blah. I have had a few set backs wedding wise and it is throwing me off. These decisions that were made months ago aren't turning out as planned and it is very disconcerting. Need a specific example? Done.

We hired a Day-of-Coordinator, she is amazing and my personal hero. When we hired her she told us that she had chair covers we could use for free to cover our ugly, ugly chairs at the reception site. Totally awesome right? Like too good to be true? Because it was. Our DOC rented out said chair covers in September and didn't get half of them back, and those she did get back were damaged beyond repair. I don't know who you are chair cover renter, but I am totally vibing you where ever you are. So now I am trying to figure out what to do, should I make covers or rent them or buy and resell them? No matter what I do it isn't in the budget, so I'm not happy.

Oh and remember the second hair trial, well let me tell you it turned out beautifully and it works perfect with my dress. The girl that did my hair was amazing and so nice. However, the salon where I went won't let us book there unless our entire party books the bridal package with them. A package that includes things that none of the girls or I want or need.  Now I am currently still trying to negotiate this little problem with the salon owner so it may turn out alright, but for now it sucks.

I try to be a roll-with-the-punches kind of girl but I'm not very good at it. Mr. Tal says I have a problem letting things go, which is so true. I'm trying but when money is involved in the setback it really upsets me. I just have to have faith that next week will be better and know that Mr. Tal and I will figure it all out somehow.

Are you a roll with the punches kind of person, or do you hold on to things for dear life like me?

Tune in next time for more tales from a DIY bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment