Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I cheated...

On my dress that is! But first a little back-story. I have been spending loads and loads of time at David's Bridal lately. I had my two BM (Super Sis-to-be and Bestie) that still need a dress, so I trekked there with them a few weeks back. A few weeks before that I went in search of another pair of shoes for the wedding (Yes, I fell victim to the colored shoe trend). This week I have been twice to help the Momma's try to find a dress. Momma Tal had luck on Monday and my Momma found a dress at a different bridal salon in town today, but we checked at David's to be sure.

David's 2010 line is out and it is gorgeous, if you haven't seen it, pop over to the website and take a gander, your peepers will thank you. While we were perusing the goods, I first saw her on a mannequin. Her tight bodice, layered tulle, and flower detailing seduced me. I eyed her up the entire time my mom was trying on dresses. I even wandered over and ran my hands over the bodice and tulle, wondering if I had made a mistake with my oh-so-simple-satin dress. Just have a look at my seducer:








As soon as my mom had tried everything on, it was time to go, but as we were walking I told my mom that I was in love with another dress in the store. She insisted that I try it on. Seriously, I tried to be the good person and leave well enough alone but my mother practically pushed this dress on me. I tried it on. As I slipped into it, I felt light, almost ballerina like. My mom zipped it up and it fit like a glove. I twirled in front of mirrors, my heart did a little flip-flop, was this my dress? Within a minute, I knew, it wasn't my dress. It was pretty, it fit me well, it looked beautiful on, but it wasn't the same as my dress. My dress was perfect for me. My mom knew that, but she also knows me, she knew if I didn't try it on I would think and wonder, so she made me try it on so that I could see for myself that it wasn't for me.
My cheating experience was a good one, it reinforced what I knew, that the dress I picked is perfect for my wedding and me. Although I have known brides that have cheated on their dresses and ended up in a pickle, wanting to buy the new dress, I would still recommend it. It was a very good experience for me.

Have any of you had a doubt about your dress? Have you taken it to the extreme of trying on other dresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment