Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Hockey puck, rattlesnake, monkey, monkey underpants!"

So I'm chilling out, watching Gilmore Girls on DVD and my favorite conversation came on:

Rory: "Maybe if you just put pen to paper?"

Lorelai: "I tried that. I thought 'I'll just sit down and write. Whatever comes, no judgement, no inner critic.' Boy was that a bad idea."

Rory: "Really, why?"

Lorelai: "Because my brain is a wild jungle full of scary gibberish. 'I'm writing a letter, I can't write a letter, why can't I write a letter? I'm wearing a green dress, I wish I was wearing my blue dress. My Blue dress is at the cleaner's. The german's wore grey, you wore blue Casablanca Casablanca is such a good movie Casablanca the White House Bush Why don't I drive a hybrid car? I should really drive a hybrid car. I should really take my bicycle to work. Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattle snake, monkey monkey underpants.'"

Rory: "Hocky puck rattle snake monkey monkey underpants?"

Lorelai: "Exactly. That's what I'm saying. It's a big bag of weird in there!"

Best. Quote. Ever. But FMT what the heck does "monkey, monkey underpants" have to do with weddings?Well folks, that right there is my brain on wedding. Actually, that is my brain all the time. But seriously, with the wedding, my brain is an endless stream of thought. I'll be falling asleep at night and suddenly my mind wanders to chair covers, chair covers, sashes, ribbons, ribbon wands, lanterns, lights, light of my life, eww, scratch that from vows, speaking of  vows, what should I say? Say, I have to tell the caterer we need extra napkins, mmm food, ugh I need to eat less, or go to the gym more, ugh, gym....so on and so forth. Seriously, and then I sleep and I have nightmares. Nightmares where the ceremony site burns down and I don't have a dress. I'm seriously scared for my sleep life for the next few months.

Anyone else have train of thoughts that get wildly out of control, is it worse with the wedding?

Tune in next time for more tales from a DIY bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment