Friday, April 9, 2010

Murphy's Law

Anyone familiar with this? "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong."
Another favorite of mine is, "If you want to hear God laugh just tell him your plans."

I have a feeling that these sayings might ring true the day of the wedding.

Luckily, we have contigency plans. Well, we have Melissa. She is our day of coordinator. She is my wedding day savior. When Mr. Tal and I first started wedding planning, I figured a DOC was not necessary, someone could step up and take charge. Then came wedding blogs and the realization that that is a lot of stress for my mom to handle, so I looked into a DOC and found my shining star. She has been amazing so far, always answering my questions when I e-mail, in our meetings (unlimited before the wedding) she is the one to list off things she needs to know, always including things I would have forgot. I can't wait to see her in action next week and I am so grateful for the peace of mind she will be giving me the day before and the day off the wedding.

What are your feelings on DOC's, are they necessary or a splurge?

Tune in next time for more tales from a DIY bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment