Thursday, April 1, 2010

No Foolin'

I had been debating writing this post and had ultimately decided not to, but I think it is important for future and current brides-to-be to know they aren't alone in dealing with this. This week I lost not just a bridesmaid but also a friend. I will not get into the nitty gritty of the situation but I will say that it was almost a snowball effect (one thing led to another and another, so on and so forth). During this sad time I have had an almost over-abundance of emotional support from my family and friends. While it has been a trying time, it is also inspiring to know I have so many wonderful people in my life. I would go into further detail but I don't think that I can put it quite as eloquently as Miss Taco over at Weddingbee in this post.

My absolute favorite line is the following:

"So, do weddings push us to the edge? Funny that: weddings, the target of plenty of mockery, have an amazing ability to bring out both the best and worst in anyone involved in one." - Miss Taco

I took that statement and ran with it. While I am sad and hurt, I do see the silver lining in this whole situation; I know for certain who my friends really are and who truly care about me and at the end of my wedding day (and every day) that is who I want to be surrounded by.

How about you my former and current bride readers, did your wedding bring out the best or worst of your nearest and dearest?

Tune in next time for more tales from a DIY bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment