Monday, March 29, 2010

Gone by in a flash

Saturday was my second shower with Mr. Tal's family up in Michigan, and it was a blast. I have some pictures some where but Mr. Tal had my camera last and I am not sure where he put it, so a more detailed run down of the event will have to wait until later today or tomorrow. In the mean time I thought I would talk about how fast the lead up to and whole shower went.

Here's the thing, this shower has been in the back of my mind for some time because it was the last event before the wedding, almost exactly 3 weeks before the big day. So to have it come and gone has kind of impacted me in a big way. We got home and after the gifts were unloaded and my mom and sisters headed home, Mr. Tal said something that nearly had me in tears, "Your bridal showers are over. You'll never have one again." He said it in a joking way, so don't think he was being malicious. I sat there for a minute and thought about how fast everything had gone by, even though I had been wishing for it to be here, I was sad to see it come and go. This actually lead to a very good conversation about the wedding, in which Mr. Tal and I talked about how we can savor our wedding day. I don't want it to feel like it did on Saturday, like it was over in a flash, so Mr. Tal and I discussed ways we can slow it down a little bit. We are scheduling several moments that we're going to disappear or take a time out from the festivities to just have a reality check. I am happy that we are trying to savor the entire day.

Did you or are you going to try to have moments during the day to keep yourselves in the moment?

Tune in next time for more tales from a DIY bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment