Thursday, August 6, 2009

I've seen the light!

Throughout the wedding planning process I've used my gut to make my decisions. Obviously, careful thinking and planning was involved in the decisions as well, but ultimately, I knew in my gut when a vendor or decision was right. That's actually a little weird for me, I'm usually a think-it-through type of person, but the wedding has been easy. Caterer, flowers, venues, all gave me a certain feeling. This feeling was what I felt when I found the centerpieces in The DIY Bride and fell in love with them. They were clear vases, filled with water, rocks on the bottom, with a table number suspended in the water, very pretty, very simple. I loved them. I made a mock up of them several weeks ago, which you can read about here.



That was all well and good, but ever since the mock up I've had a nagging feeling about those centerpieces. They just aren't what I want. Plus, they aren't very big, and at a table of 8 with no place settings or favors, the tables would look very bare. So after some deliberation and some research, I've decided I want to do luminary centerpieces. Images like this made me love the idea. It's simple, elegant, and beautiful. However, will it turn out like I plan? I don't know, I'm still going through the materials to see if it's in the budget. I have lots of paper from the original centerpiece idea, which can be crafted into very pretty luminaries (I know I tried it!) and hung from branches with floral wire. The branches we can get for free from local parks and family back yards. We plan on using clay or plastic flower pots which can be spray painted those aren't very expensive, neither the sand or rocks to hold the branches in place are too horrible, and we can get tea lights for a steal as well. Well at least candle tea lights, see Mr. Tal is adamant on using battery powered tea lights for fear of fire. I understand his fear, especially with children running around. However, these are the expensive portion of this project and after some online research it didn't seem that it would be in the budget. Then I went to Meijer, 99 cent battery powered tea lights!!! It's in the budget, which means I can at least try this project.

Now all I have to do is make a mock up and hope that my gut likes this one. I hope it does, I don't want to have to pick something else again!

How about you, readers, have you ever had decisions made and then end up changing your mind about it?

Tune in next time for more tales from a DIY Bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment