Monday, March 22, 2010

"I gotta find a sound. I gotta find a sound."

(Quote from GG, season 4 episode 4, as said by Zach)

I know I have been remiss in blogging. Cut me a little slack, my wedding is in 3 weeks and I'm starting to freak out a little. Kthxbi. Moving on.

Music is the center of our relationship. We rock out in the car while running errands. We dance in the living room with the record player on while cleaning. We met while we were singing karaoke. It's a big deal. Same goes for the wedding, music is kind of a big deal there too.

Songs to walk down the aisle to, songs for the processional, songs for the recessional, enterance music, first dance, parent's dance. It is a lot of music. It is hard. What makes it harder is that Mr. Tal and I have slightly different taste in music...well, Mr. Tal is kind of a music snob. Okay, not so much anymore, he used to detest country and pop and now he tolerates it and even will sing along to a few songs. I don't think he's really into my indie/alt rock tastes, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I digress.

 It's been a challenge finding songs that seem to gel with both of our tastes and not being traditional. Example A: I'm not walking down the aisle to "Here Comes the Bride", I could say that it is because of the openly anti-Smite feelings of the Wagner, but really I just want to be different. I really dig classical pieces, honestly, but I wanted a more modern feel to our ceremony. See, not so easy. Don't worry, I found a song, a couple actually (yest I'm still deciding), it's just been a trial.

Example B: Our first dance song...gah, forgetaboutit absolute nightmare. There are so many songs that are part of our history that it wasn't until last Monday that we actually had the courage (read: had to due to meeting the DJ on Tuesday) to sit down and discuss it. Literally had about a dozen songs that fit us. Slowly wittled it down to 4, then 2, then we chose one, but I kind of want to do the other one. Hahaha. Yay indecision!

Has anyone else had problems with music decisions, how did you pick a good song?

Tune in next time for more tales from a DIY bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment