Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Stiches

It felt a little weird not to blog yesterday but I think I needed a little break to recover from a little cold. Now on to your regularly scheduled posting.

As I said on Monday, this past weekend was really productive, especially on Sunday. There was a bunch of miscellaneous crafting done but one really big project was completed. The silverware wraps! I took the fabric I had starched a few days prior to prevent fraying and Momma Sal and sisters A and E created an assembly line.
There's Momma Sal cutting out the fabric strips. Meanwhile in the kitchen, sister E is laying the utensils and napkins in neat, easy to grab piles (which I don't have a picture of, but if you look in the first picture below you can see the neat piles and E herself). After the strips are cut, I take them into the kitchen for sisters A and E.
                                        
(E and her piles above, helping out A, below,  with the second and third steps)

We did this next step the lazy woman's way, instead of sewing on the buttons we glued them on. Go, go super lazy powers! Then we closed the wrap and glued it shut. I know, not the best way to do things but it ended up looking fine and we knocked these babies out in 2 hours flat.  Check out the massive piles!


I may be biased but I think these little suckers turned out rather well, especially for deciding to do them last week!

But FMT, what does the title of your post have to do with anything? You didn't stich anything, you were lazy? Well that's a funny side story, fifteen minutes into the assembly line, I hear my mom call out for me and ask if Momma Tal has any band aids in her house. Umm I don't know. I called downstairs for Mr. Tal who promptly ran upstairs and asked what for? Remember the little roller fabric cutter my mom was cranking out fabric strips with? Yeah, she sliced her finger with it.(Honestly, Mr. Tal wonders why I am so klutzy sometimes, well I inherited it.) Here's the thing, we Sal's don't do things half-assed, she cut her finger and she cut it good. It didn't even hurt. Without being too graphic she needed another band aid within an hour. The next day she told me that she had to splint her finger at work because everytime she moved it it broke open. Yeah, she probably needed stiches, and now you understand the title of my post.

Have you ever had a project that injured yourself or others?

Tune in next time for more tales from a DIY bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment