Monday, February 22, 2010

Creating a calm space

I have a confession. I am a closet slob. Okay, maybe slob is a really harsh word, I am a little messy but (that's a big BUT) I am messy where no one can see it. What I mean is, when I have a guest over I clean everything he or she will see, such as the kitchen, living room, dining room, and bathroom. That leaves the bedroom, which quite honestly, I could care less if it is messy. However, I know that Mr. Tal cares. He can stand a little mess, but he has asked me time and time again to organize the bedroom. He has also asked me to get the wedding stuff (the mountains and moutains of stuff) organized. He also thinks that organizing everything will help to create a calmer space for us to come home to, which I something I actually kind of agree with.

So this week, I am spending my time and energy organizing the bedroom and the rest of the house. I really want to get this place in order before the wedding and honeymoon so that I have a calming space among the craziness. It will be nice when we come home at night not to worry so much about organizing and cleaning, we can just relax together. It's also going to be a nice little suprise when Mr. Tal comes home from his buisness trip later this week.

How do you escape the craziness of the wedding? Is your home a calming space?

Tune in next time for more tales from a DIY bride.

1 comment: