Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Working my tail off

Quite literally. In Jaunuary Mr. Tal and I joined one of the gyms in the area. It's not just any gym, it is the mother of all gyms. Pool, Carido Movie Theater (showing a different movie every day), a plethora of classes, a seperate women's area, this gym has the works. It is pretty amazing and I have to say that it makes working out a lot easier. While I run on the elliptical I can watch TV or a movie, when I lift weights I can go to the women's area so I don't feel so self-conscious.

Getting in shape for the wedding was a goal of mine and I have been working my tail off, but I haven't lost a single pound. That's actually a good thing because I met with a trainer he told me to focus on getting in shape rather than losing weight but it is kind of frustrating because I don't know how to measure my progress. I mean my jeans are loose, I feel like I look better and feel better, I guess that is progress but I should really focus on how good working out makes me feel. Working out has become a real release for me, a way to escape for an hour. It makes me feel great when I do it and it relieves some of the wedding stress that has been mounting. I think I am going to go to the gym more with the wedding rolling closer, I think I will need it.

What do you do to relieve wedding stress?

Tune in next time for more tales from a DIY bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment