Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ding!




Insert that over my head and you see what happens sometimes when I am in Hobby Lobby. I will be walking around browsing and I will see something and it just clicks. It's only happened about twice but when it does it is amazing.  I remember the first time it did I was walking through the wedding section and looking at the little floral nicknacks and it was like boom. I think it scared Mr. Tal when it happened.  I just started grabbing things and running around the store looking for all the things I needed for the guys' boutonnieres. The second time it happened was when I was looking for my own bouquet supplies. It just clicked and I bought all that I could for the project. Unfortunately, they didn't have all the flowers I needed at either Hobby Lobby and they didn't get any in the next two shipments. Luckily enough we went down to Columbus this past weekend to see Bestie and Mr. Tal's Brothers and Sis-in-Law which presented a perfect opportunity to check out the flowers at the local Hobby Lobby. They had the last of the supplies I needed for my bouquet, but I had to wait until I got home to put everything together.

Like I said, Monday was a crafting extravaganza for me and I cranked out my vision for my bouquet in no time flat. I actually did a mock up of the bouquet before I trimmed anything up to make sure it is what I wanted. After the mock up and a few "are you sure's?" and pictures, I took the bouquet apart and trimmed all the little extras off the silk flowers and took a few inches off the stalks. I re-assembled the bouquet piece by piece, using floral tape to secure each flower and make sure it didn't shift in the assembly process. I didn't actually take pictures of the assembly process because I got really engrossed in the process. However, I do have the end results and I think it is exactly what I was imagining when I first had the vision in Hobby Lobby.


I'm not entirely sold on the feathers, but only because they don't seem to cooperate. I like the idea of the feathers because I have feathers in my hair piece and the girls will have a small feather in their updos. If I can play with the feathers a bit and see if I can get 'em to fan out a bit. I also need to re-wrap the base with the ribbon and I'm not sold on the silver color, but you get the general idea.

Reader thoughts, comments, concerns?

Anyone else had a project vision that came to life like you imagined? Please share.

Tune in next time for more tales from a DIY bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment