Thursday, February 18, 2010

Third time is a charm

Seeing as yesterday I posted about vendor indecision, I decided to continue that theme with today's post.

Remember the first hair trial that lead to a second hair trial? I never really elaborated on what happened at that second hair trial. It went well, the stylist that did my hair was really nice and easy to talk to, they style was good, and the salon is great. Too good to be true of course. The nice people at the salon told me that they would only book us if we booked the entire bridal package for myself and my girls. That was $250 for me plus $99 for each girl. I kindly told the lady that ran the salon that I didn't need all the services offered in that package and neither did my girls. I failed to tell them that my parents were not about to lay down $500 to get myself and my two younger sisters pretty. I was in tears when I walked out. My mom and I went to lunch and talked about our options. I decided to call the salon and try to compromise. They problem with us and the salon is that they didn't want us taking over the salon just to get our hair done. So I asked if they would be willing to schedule us seperately. I waited a day for them to call me back and they said yes. However, when I told my maid of honor, she thought it was unacceptable for us to get ready seperately. I can't say that I disagree, I had always imagined my mom and my girls by my side while I got ready.

My maid of honor, my bestie, took it upon herself to call salons here (she is based about 3 hours away) in search of a place that would do our hair and allow us to be there together. I was so touched by this, it was a moment of above and beyond the call of duty. It only took her a day to find a place. She got quoted for every girl, she made sure they could get us out by 12:30, and she even scored us some food to snack on. Completely amazing. I had a trial there yesterday and the girl that did my hair was uh-mazing. By midnight last night after laying on my hair, head banging a little, walking around outside, only a few hairs were out of place, my hair looked fantastic. And no you don't get to see pictures, I'm leaving the final hairdo for my recaps.  I'm so happy that this is done and I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Anyone else have a 'maid step above and beyond? Were the results awesome?

Tune in next time for more tales from a DIY bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment